From "Dan Eloff" <dan.el...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: New module importer - why not make it the default in 3.3?
Date Wed, 16 Aug 2006 23:34:47 GMT
The new importer gets my vote.

I've been using it for a while now in my development servers and it
works great. I've not discovered any bugs. I've verified it with
PythonAutoReload and PythonDebug in any combination of On and Off. For
a complex hierarchy of python files in with both set to off, I've
verified it doesn't touch the filesystem. For both set to on it
touches the filesystem around 700 times (still < 1 second), I wouldn't
recommend that people do that on servers without lots of spare time.
It's a real time saver for development though! I hardly ever have to
restart apache anymore.

-Dan