qpid-users mailing list archives

From KOELMAN Herbert <herbert.koel...@soprasteria.com>
Subject I'm using Qpid JMS 0.55.0 AMQP Java client and I'd like to compress the messages I'm sending
Date Tue, 01 Dec 2020 19:37:30 GMT
Hello,

I want to compress the messages I'm sending to ARTEMIS 2.15.0. The messages are roughly speaking
9MB big and are sent using a JMS TextMessage instance.

To do so I have created an instance of org.apache.qpid.jms.JmsConnectionFactory using this
URL amqp://localhost:5672?messageCompressionThresholdSize=5000&compressMessages=true

JmsConnectionFactory qpidFactory = new JmsConnectionFactory("amqp://localhost:5672?messageCompressionThresholdSize=5000&compressMessages=true");

When I'm producing messages using this factory, the messages are not compressed.

Where did I go wrong ?

Cordialement

Herbert

Design and programming are human activities; forget that and all is lost.

Bjarne Stroustrup