qpid-users mailing list archives

From Jiri Daněk <jda...@redhat.com>
Subject Re: [NOTICE] Travis CI .org -> .com move, action required.
Date Wed, 02 Dec 2020 12:20:13 GMT
On Wed, Dec 2, 2020 at 1:12 PM Robbie Gemmell <robbie.gemmell@gmail.com>
wrote:

> pay for
> want to

> > > Dispatch ticket https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/DISPATCH-1855
> > >
> > > We'll probably want to make the same change in Proton as well.
> >
> > For the removal from Travis, yep. The GHA build for Proton already
> > runs on OSX currently as you no doubt know.
>

> I ended up raising a JIRA for this,
> https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/INFRA-21154, which has now been
> actioned. All the repository jobs have now been migrated to the .com
> site.
>
> I have prodded the various jobs to run, updating some READMEs and the
> website to use links/badges from the .com site. Once they run, the
> .org site updates to say only that the jobs were migrated and give a
> link to the .com site.
>
> The OSX elements of the Proton and Dispatch builds did execute,
> whereas I expected the job to error immediately. This could be as the
> ASF's plan has some life left (seems pricing migration happens at
> plan-end), or they've got some OSX credits, unclear. I have asked
> about those on the Infra JIRA to see what expectations are going
> forward.
>
> From a quick test I did the migration within the apache github org
> seems to have no effect on our forks, which makes sense. This means
> your forks with .org enabled builds will continue to try building
> there, with its dwindling resources, until it goes defunct on Dec
> 31st. If you dont migrate or enable your fork build on the .com site
> it simply won't build after that presumably.

I've spent some time on migrating the Dispatch macOS Travis job to GitHub
Actions and I got stuck on a freeze that I was unable to debug. I found
some working GitHub Actions that are using MacPorts, so as a next step I
would be trying to steal working bits from those. Alternatively, I could
drop MacPorts and use Brew, and either build Cyrus SASL myself, or just
live without it {SASL itself is part of macOS, but it is deprecated, and
the utility programs to manage the DB are missing).

Link to the stuck Action,
https://github.com/jiridanek/qpid-dispatch/runs/1473498467?check_suite_focus=true
--
Mit freundlichen Grüßen / Kind regards