qpid-users mailing list archives

From HBergeron <jagh...@gmail.com>
Subject Proton CPP - Set dynamic node properties
Date Tue, 01 Dec 2020 04:47:16 GMT
I have successfully implemented a client and service following the
request/reply pattern using Qpid Proton CPP. However, in some cases the
service/responder is required to hold the reply-to queue open indefinitely.
In these cases when the client is closed or runs into an issue the reply-to
queue is held open by the service side despite the fact that it was
dynamically generated and will not be used again.
I am open to alternative implementation patterns but I believe my current
preferred solution would be to create the dynamic, reply-to queue as
'exclusive' and with a 'delete-on-close' lifetime-policy so the queue is
deleted when the client is closed.
Unfortunately, I have not been able to determine how to set the dynamic node
properties using Proton CPP. They do not appear to be exposed via link
options as they are in other languages like python. It seems the closest to
this capability was lost in proton 0.13 with the transition from link
options to sender and receiver options.
Is there a way to configure this without modifying the proton source that I
am missing?
If not, is there a plan to include the configuration of dynamic node
properties in the source options or other location in CPP proton.

I have used the proton source, commit history, and the following posts as