qpid-users mailing list archives

From Chester <knap...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Issue with Qpid Memory
Date Thu, 28 Feb 2019 13:58:11 GMT
Gordon,

We see several days of low/normal (.1 GB) memory usage, followed by a
linear increase of about .15 GB per hour, until we OOM after about 24
hours. I've attached some graphs and a spreadsheet to help visualize.
[image: 1week_memory_usage.png]
[image: 30day_memory_usage.png]

We have not identified any pattern of activity associated with the changing
memory utilization. Our workload has a fairly constant enqueue/dequeue
rate. Most messages are expected to be queued for small numbers of seconds
or less, with some longer living messages of a few hours. Messages are
small (hundreds of bytes) and queues typically have less than 1MB of data
at any given time.

Thanks,
Chester