qpid-users mailing list archives

From Keith W <keith.w...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [Broker-J] non persistent messages
Date Thu, 07 Feb 2019 18:33:26 GMT
Olivier

On Thu, 7 Feb 2019 at 12:47, VERMEULEN Olivier
<Olivier.VERMEULEN@murex.com> wrote:

> Alex,
>
> Actually I'm trying to find the easiest way to switch my existing performance benchmark
to use only non-persistent messages...

Take a look at Queue#messageDurability.     It allows you to override
the sender application's preference for a message's durability.  If
you set NEVER, the message won't written to persistent store even if
the sender requested it.
All queues take their default from ${queue.defaultMessageDurability},
so unless are setting explicitly setting it on a queue, you can just
override from a higher level, for instance, as a system property.  It
won't affect messages that are already on the queue.

./bin/qpid-server -Dqueue.defaultMessageDurability=NEVER

Hope this helps

> And using a memory message store seemed like the best option.
> I'm just looking for a quick feedback on the kind of performance improvement we could
have.

> Olivier

Please note, that with AMQP 1.0 an attempt to publish persistent message on VH with memory
store would end-up in error "amqp:precondition-failed" - "Non-durable message store cannot
accept durable message."