qpid-users mailing list archives

From VERMEULEN Olivier <Olivier.VERMEU...@murex.com>
Subject [QPID JMS] receive with timeout and reconnect
Date Mon, 25 Feb 2019 10:15:54 GMT
Hello,

We're using QPID JMS 0.39.0 with a set of reconnect options that makes the client retry to
connect for 2 hours in case of problem.
When doing a synchronous receive call with a smaller timeout (like 60 seconds) we were expecting
to receive a TimeOutException after 60 seconds but we actually have to wait for the whole
reconnect to end, so 2 hours.
Is that expected? We were expecting a behavior similar to the one we have with the sendTimeout
(defined at the level of the connection factory) where the send fails but the reconnect continues
behind the scene.

Thanks,
Olivier

This e-mail contains information for the intended recipient only. It may contain proprietary
material or confidential information. If you are not the intended recipient you are not authorized
to distribute, copy or use this e-mail or any attachment to it. Murex cannot guarantee that
it is virus free and accepts no responsibility for any loss or damage arising from its use.
If you have received this e-mail in error please notify immediately the sender and delete
the original email received, any attachments and all copies from your system.