qpid-users mailing list archives

From VERMEULEN Olivier <Olivier.VERMEU...@murex.com>
Subject RE: [Broker-J] non persistent messages
Date Thu, 07 Feb 2019 12:47:05 GMT
Alex,

Actually I'm trying to find the easiest way to switch my existing performance benchmark to
use only non-persistent messages...
And using a memory message store seemed like the best option.
I'm just looking for a quick feedback on the kind of performance improvement we could have.

Olivier

-----Original Message-----
From: Oleksandr Rudyy <orudyy@gmail.com>
Sent: jeudi 7 février 2019 11:42
To: users@qpid.apache.org
Subject: Re: [Broker-J] non persistent messages

Olivier,

You are right. The persistent messages are kept in memory with memory message store. Please
note, that with AMQP 1.0 an attempt to publish persistent message on VH with memory store
would end-up in error "amqp:precondition-failed" - "Non-durable message store cannot accept
durable message."
You can set JVM system property 'qpid.tests.mms.messagestore.persistence'
to 'true' in order to allow persisting of AMQP 1.0 persistent messages into memory store.
Persisting of AMQP 0-x messages into memory store works straight away.

Out of curiosity, what is you messaging use case? Why do you need to use Memory message store?

Kind Regards,
Alex