qpid-users mailing list archives

From Oskar Christensson <oskar.christens...@itab.com>
Subject Qpid Proton cannot connect to Azure Service Bus 'amqp:connection:framing-error'
Date Mon, 25 Feb 2019 13:01:39 GMT
We're trying to get a C++ connection to Azure Service Bus using AMQP with QPID proton, and
trying out the examples under qpid-proton/cpp/examples it fails.

Steps to reproduce:

  1.  Clone qpid-proton
  2.  Follow installation and make README
  3.  Create new Service Bus Namespace in azure
  4.  Create new Service Bus Queue in Azure with Sessions enabled
  5.  Create a policy with all permissions
  6.  `./service_bus -n <namespace>.servicebus.windows.net -p <policy_name> -k
<uri_encoded_policy_key> -e <queue_name>

Expected results:

It should work according to the docs in the cpp/examples/service_bus.cpp docs

Actual results:

amqp:connection:framing-error: SASL header mismatch: Insufficient data to determine protocol
[''] (connection aborted)

Link to issue reported in JIRA:

https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/PROTON-2006

What do I need to do to make the example work?

Best regards,

Oskar