qpid-users mailing list archives

From Cyril Micoud <CMic...@vitechnology.com>
Subject RE: Qpid JMS 0.30.0 or Qpid Proton-J 0.26.0 to point-to-point message exchange?
Date Wed, 14 Mar 2018 12:19:22 GMT
Hi Gordon,

Thanks for your answer...

We are agree with your first point and we look to try it as soon as possible.
But we have also a 3rd system in Java and we need a direct access Java=>Java without any
broker.
I think the solution is your second point?
In that case, how each system knew the dispatch router?
Have you an other proposal without dispatch router?

Thanks by advance,
Bets regards,

Cyril

-----Message d'origine-----
De : Gordon Sim <gsim@redhat.com>
Envoyé : mercredi 14 mars 2018 11:02
À : users@qpid.apache.org
Objet : Re: Qpid JMS 0.30.0 or Qpid Proton-J 0.26.0 to point-to-point message exchange?

On 14/03/18 08:40, Cyril Micoud wrote:
> Hi everybody,
>
> We are working with Qpid to set up interoperability between 2 systems,
> one in Java, the other in C ++.
>
> On the C ++ side, we use Qpid Proton 0.17.0 (not the last update due
> to system constraints) to use the AMQP 1.0 standard.
>
> In Java, we started on Qpid JMS 0.30.0 for the simplicity of JMS and
> compatibility with 1.0 of AMQP.
>
> In the nominal case, we use a Broker, but we also need point-to-point
> access to transfer information from one system to another such as the
> broker's address and the queues on which we can exchange.
>
> However, connection and exchange with the broker is simple to
> configure, but the point to point in JMS seems compromised (or so we
> have not yet find the right documentation).
>
> We are considering the use of Qpid Proton-J 0.26.0 but again, we do
> not find much example of implementation ...
>
> What is the best way to use both communication broker and point-to-point?
>
> Anybody can provide us a quick sample of Proton-J usage with and
> without broker? or a JMS sample to point-to-point usage?

If by point-to-point you mean one system connects to the other directly, then the first thing
is to decide which direction that connection happens in. The JMS client, as far as I know,
does not let you accept incoming connections. Therefore it would be easier to have the c++
part open a listener on a particular port, and have the JMS client simply connect to that
as if it were a broker. That does mean there is some extra stuff the c++ side needs to do
to correctly handle the direct connections. You can have a look at the broker example to get
some
ideas:
https://git1-us-west.apache.org/repos/asf/qpid-proton/repo?p=qpid-proton.git;a=blob;f=examples/cpp/broker.cpp;h=f48fb376f65dbeeed9fae71092168de732b19356;hb=HEAD

However, one other thing to consider, is to use the dispatch router between the systems. This
way the two systems connect out, as if to a broker, but can send each other messages that
are acknowledged end-to-end with no store-and-forward between them. You can also have the
links propagated if you need to. I think it often makes the overall system simpler. It depends
of course on the reasons and detailed use cases for the point-to-point communication channel.