qpid-users mailing list archives

From Oleksandr Rudyy <oru...@gmail.com>
Subject qpid-cpp cmake fails to find proton when PKG_CONFIG_PATH is set to non-standard <proton-prefix>/lib[64]/pkgconfig
Date Mon, 19 Mar 2018 17:15:08 GMT
Hi,

Jenkins job Qpid-Broker-J-Python-Test started to fail due to an issue
with building cpp broker. The job was building qpid-cpp broker
successfully before 15th of March.

The jobs installs proton into non-standard location and sets
PKG_CONFIG_PATH as specified in qpid-cpp INSTALL.txt.

However, cmake fails to find proton and reports the following error:

CMake Error: The following variables are used in this project, but
they are set to NOTFOUND.
Please set them or make sure they are set and tested correctly in the
CMake files:
Proton_LIBRARY
    linked by target "amqp" in directory
/home/jenkins/jenkins-slave/workspace/Qpid-Broker-J-Python-Test/qpid-cpp/src
    linked by target "qpidmessaging" in directory
/home/jenkins/jenkins-slave/workspace/Qpid-Broker-J-Python-Test/qpid-cpp/src

What is interesting, that when both qpid broker and proton have the
same install prefix, proton is found successfully by cmake.

I can change the job to build qpid and proton with the same install
prefix, though, I would like to clarify whether the build scripts have
been changed intentionally  and setting of PKG_CONFIG_PATH as
described in INSTALL.txt is not supported any-more.

I built on Fedora 27. Jenkins job is running on Ubuntu.
For both environments the same cmake error is reported with PKG_CONFIG_PATH.

Kind Regards,
Alex