qpid-users mailing list archives

From Alan Conway <acon...@redhat.com>
Subject Re: qpid-proton cpp - Broker example segfault
Date Mon, 19 Mar 2018 14:21:34 GMT
On Mon, Mar 19, 2018 at 4:45 AM, Baptiste Robert <baptisterobert38@gmail.com
> wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I'm having an issue with the broker example. When I run it works, but a
> soon as I send messages to it I get a segfault. I send messages with the
> examples simple_send.
>
> Note : I compiled the broker with gcc 4.6.2 e.g. without C++11 support, and
> I'm supposing that is the root cause of a lot of my problem with qpid..

Before C++11 you can't use multiple threads, but the broker and other
examples are supposed to work single-threaded in that case so we should
find out what's going wrong.

Try a new build with `cmake -DBUILD_CPP_03=YES` to tell cmake that you want
to build in c++-03 compatibility mode. Cmake is supposed to figure that out
for itself but maybe there's a problem in the compiler detection logic.

If it still crashes raise a JIRA at issues.apache.org and attache
theCMakeCache.txt file generated by cmake and the output of these commands:

$ gcc -v
$ gdb --batch --quiet -ex "thread apply all bt full" -ex "quit"
<path-to-broker-executable> <path-to-core-file>