qpid-users mailing list archives

From bryand <br...@bldixon.net>
Subject Broker-J Queue Message persistent override
Date Wed, 21 Mar 2018 13:37:19 GMT
We are using Broker-J 7.0.2.  For a couple of Queues I've set setting Persist
Messages? to 'Never'.  However when sending a message via a Qpid JMS 0.30.0
client the messages are being stored as Persistent.  I've tried both methods
MessageProducer.send(Message message) and MessageProducer.send(Message
message, int deliveryMode, int priority, long timeToLive) (using
DeliveryMode.PERSISTENT for deliveryMode) and both result in persistent
messages in the Queue.  Since I had the queue configured to Never persist
messages I wasn't expecting that behavior - maybe I'm misunderstanding this
setting?

When I use a DeliveryMode.NON_PERSISTENT for the deliveryMode then messages
are not persistent as expected.

Thanks
Bryan