qpid-users mailing list archives

From Michael Ivanov <iv...@logit-ag.de>
Subject Temporary queues deletion
Date Thu, 15 Feb 2018 20:40:35 GMT
Greetings!

I have a problem with autodeleted queues. I have a service that reads amqp messages
and sends replies using reply_to value. Client that sends the message generates
temporary queue to use for replies using "/#" syntax. Client sends the message,
waits for reply and terminates. But temporary queue, created by client, still remains
in the broker until the other end (my service) is restarted.

Here's how this queue is shown by qpid-stat after client has terminated:

 queue                  dur  autoDel  excl  msg   msgIn  msgOut  bytes  bytesIn  bytesOut
 cons bind
  821 .... 857-349.0         Y                 0     1      1       0    257      257
    0    1

Queue is marked as auto delete, number of connections is 0, but bind is 1. I guess
this is the reason why it is not deleted.

Is there a way to request messenger to unbind the queue as soon as the message is sent?

I am using pn_messenger_* interface of proton library.

Best regards,
--
Michael Ivanov