qpid-users mailing list archives

From Michael Ivanov <iv...@isle.spb.ru>
Subject Re: Max number of queues per user
Date Thu, 18 Jan 2018 15:23:36 GMT
Great, it (almost) works! Many thanks!

There's still one problem remains. When I turn auth off, then user is
considered to be anonymous, even when I specify user explicitly in broker url.
When I turn auth on somehow the password is not accepted on command line:

   qpid-config -b amqps://user:passwd@hostname:5671 add queue U1

The following error occurs:

   Failed: ValueError: amqps://user:passwd@hostname:5671

When :passwd is not specified I'm prompted for password and everything works.
But I need to be able to create queues without manual intervention.
Is it possible to accept user name without a password?

Best regards,

18.01.2018 17:11, Chuck Rolke пишет:
> Referring to http://qpid.apache.org/releases/qpid-cpp-1.37.0/cpp-broker/book/chap-Messaging_User_Guide-Security.html#sect-Messaging_User_Guide-Authorization-Specifying_ACL_Queue_Limits
>
> Queue limits are disabled unless there is an ACL file with a 'quota queues' entry.
>
> As an aid to understanding the quota enforcement start the broker with '--log-enable
trace+:Security --log-enable info+' on the command line.

> I ran your example with an acl file
>     quota queues 4 all
>     acl allow all all
>
> It creates the first three queues (q1..q3) but then apparently fails to create the fourth
queue. This is surprising and not intuitive but the reason is that the qpid-config command
itself creates a temporary reply queue that is the fourth allowed queue. Then the attempt
to create the fourth queue (q4) is denied since that user already has four queues. The log
files should help expose the workings that arrive at this result.