qpid-users mailing list archives

From "Hudalla Kai (INST/ECS4)" <kai.huda...@bosch-si.com>
Subject Re: Link handling after detach(close=false)
Date Wed, 31 Jan 2018 15:47:32 GMT
On 30.01.2018 13:48, Gordon Sim wrote:
On 30/01/18 12:03, Hudalla Kai (INST/ECS4) wrote:
Is it also ok for the receiver to send an attach with close=true in response to the reouter's
detach (close=false), effectively closing the link for good?

No, that would not work. The close actually needs to get to the broker, which is where the
subscription is held. However the detach from the router is an indication that 'connection'
to the broker has been lost. It is in some ways similar to losing the tcp connection when
directly subscribed to a broker.

In order to close the link for good, you would need to re-establish the link (through the
router, to the broker) and then close it.

*However*, if you don't want the subscription to survive such disconnection, you can simply
avoid making it durable and expiring on link detach. Then the distinction between detach with
closed=true and closed=false is irrelevant.

The consumer is currently simply opening a receiver link (attach with no specific capabilities
nor options) to the router, which then opens a link to the broker, I assume.

What would I need to do in order to create a "durable" subscription? There is no standard
way defined in AMQP 1.0 for doing this, is there?
If this is an Artemis specific feature, is there some documentation available?

My assumption is that, if I had created a durable link/subscription, that once my consumer
has re-attached after the detach (close=false) had been received, then the broker will deliver
all messages that have been put to the broker while the consumer was "detached" instead of
just receiving new messages over the re-established link, right?

Mit freundlichen Grüßen / Best regards

Kai Hudalla
Chief Software Architect

Bosch Software Innovations GmbH
Ullsteinstraße 128
12109 Berlin
GERMANY
www.bosch-si.com<http://www.bosch-si.com>

Registered Office: Berlin, Registration Court: Amtsgericht Charlottenburg; HRB 148411 B
Chairman of the Supervisory Board: Dr.-Ing. Thorsten Lücke; Managing Directors: Dr. Stefan
Ferber, Michael Hahn