qpid-users mailing list archives

From andi welchlin <andi.welch...@gmail.com>
Subject Bidirectional route combined with binding to queue
Date Mon, 22 Jan 2018 13:24:09 GMT
Hello all,

I want to share an exchange between two brokers (bidirectional).

I understood that the right way to do this is using a dynamic route like:

qpid-route dynamic add $broker1 $broker2 $exchange_name
qpid-route dynamic add $broker2 $broker1 $exchange_name

I also want to achieve that no messages will be lost when one of the
two brokers is down while messages are sent to the other broker.

So I would bind a queue ($queue_out) to $exchange_name on both brokers.
Then I would route on each broker $queue_out to the exchange of the remote
broker.

As far as I understood a dynamic route is then not possible any more.

It would look like:

# install binding from exchange to output queue
qpid-config -b $BROKER1 bind $exchange_name $queue_out
qpid-config -b $BROKER2 bind $exchange_name $queue_out

# install route
qpid-route -d queue add $BROKER2 $BROKER1 $exchange_name $queue_out
qpid-route -d queue add $BROKER1 $BROKER2 $exchange_name $queue_out
qpid-route route map $BROKER2

But this seems to lead to circular messages.

Does anyone have a solution for this scenario?

Kind Regards,
Andreas