qpid-users mailing list archives

From Keith W <keith.w...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [Proton-J] Create exchange / queues and bind them using proton-j library
Date Wed, 31 Jan 2018 13:18:07 GMT
I think Dexter is using Qpid Broker-J.   Broker-J does have the
ability to dynamically create nodes (queues or exchanges) in response
to an attempt to form a link to an address. This is called node auto
creation and is something that is configured on the Broker. The client
side has no knowledge.  You could use it, say, to have a durable queue
appear the first time you attempt to receive from it.

Unfortunately, documentation is sparse for this feature and there is
no UI for it exposed in the management console at present.   However,
what was written on the JIRA and associated mailing list post (linked
within the JIRA's description) should help get going.  If not, let us
know what you are trying to achieve and I'll try to guide you further.

Broker-J does implement the latest AMQP Management draft, but this is
a moving target and the API will be subject to further (probably
breaking) changes as the specification evolves.

Hope this helps.