qpid-users mailing list archives

From Gordon Sim <g...@redhat.com>
Subject Re: Link handling after detach(close=false)
Date Wed, 31 Jan 2018 16:13:16 GMT
On 31/01/18 15:47, Hudalla Kai (INST/ECS4) wrote:
> The consumer is currently simply opening a receiver link (attach with no specific capabilities
nor options) to the router, which then opens a link to the broker, I assume.

In which case the distinction between close=true and close=false is not
relevant as the link is closed on detach regardless.

> What would I need to do in order to create a "durable" subscription? There is no standard
way defined in AMQP 1.0 for doing this, is there?

You set the the durable property of the source to true and specify an
expiry-policy of 'never'.

> If this is an Artemis specific feature, is there some documentation available?
>
> My assumption is that, if I had created a durable link/subscription, that once my consumer
has re-attached after the detach (close=false) had been received, then the broker will deliver
all messages that have been put to the broker while the consumer was "detached" instead of
just receiving new messages over the re-established link, right?

Right.