qpid-users mailing list archives

From Gordon Sim <g...@redhat.com>
Subject Re: [Proton-J] Create exchange / queues and bind them using proton-j library
Date Wed, 31 Jan 2018 08:29:29 GMT
On 30/01/18 23:29, dexter wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'm trying to create dynamically an exchange type topic and some queues and
> bind them with the topic using a bindingKey using the latest Java library
> proton-j-0.25.0.jar on a Apache Qpid Broker-J 7.0.0 server.
>
> If the exchange / queues are in place (created using RabbitMQ library
> amqp-client-5.1.2.jar) my app works. But I want to create the exchange and
> the queues using only proton-j library, because is supports AMQP 1.0
> Protocol.
>
> I searched over this forum and over the GitHub examples but I could not find
> a solution.
>
> As I understand Receiver and Sender have some properties to set address,
> durability, expiryPolicy and more. The address is in the format of
> "exchangeName/bindingKey".
>
> Does the proton-j library support ExchangeDeclare, QueueDeclare and
> QueueBind ? If yes, is there and example ? If no, what library should I use
> to manage exchanges / queues on a Broker with AMQP 1.0 Protocol support ?

Proton-j is an AMQP 1.0 implementation and AMQP 1.0 does not define
ExchangeDeclare etc from older iterations of the protocol.

There is no standard schema for managing AMQP 1.0 brokers. You will need
to sue whatever your broker supports for that.

With RabbitMQ you can create and bind a temporary queue with the address
format '/exchange/my-exchange/my-routing-key' [1]. Not sure whether that
will be of use to you in your system.

[1]
https://github.com/rabbitmq/rabbitmq-amqp1.0/blob/v3.7.3/README.md#routing-and-addressing