qpid-users mailing list archives

From Gordon Sim <g...@redhat.com>
Subject Re: C++ broker flow to disk
Date Mon, 22 Jan 2018 15:42:28 GMT
On 22/01/18 14:55, Jan Bares, WOOD & Co. wrote:
> I get
>
> qpid-config: error: option --limit-policy: invalid choice: 'flow-to-disk' (choose from
'none', 'reject', 'ring', 'ring-strict')

> with latest qpid c++ broker 1.37.0. Should I configure some module or is this feature
no longer supported? As https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/QPID-4339 says, it was removed
in 0.19 and reimplemented in 0.23.

It is no longer implemented in that form and with that name. There is a
'paging' mechanism that is considered a replacement.

Paging is enabled for a queue by setting "qpid.paging" to true. It can
be tuned via "qpid.max_pages_loaded", which determines how many pages
can be kept in memory and "qpid.page_factor" which controls the page
size as a multiple of the platform default page size).

Note that this mechanism is entirely orthogonal to persistence.