qpid-users mailing list archives

From bryand <br...@bldixon.net>
Subject Re: JMS Client failover error stops message consumption
Date Tue, 30 Jan 2018 18:50:37 GMT
I have example code for the issue I am running into with session.commit()
during message consumption.  Here is my test code
TestTxnConsumeExample.java
<http://qpid.2158936.n2.nabble.com/file/t396334/TestTxnConsumeExample.java>
and the debug output  qpid-session-cmt-consume-error.log
<http://qpid.2158936.n2.nabble.com/file/t396334/qpid-session-cmt-consume-error.log>

.  What happens is message consumption starts, I cause failover to happen on
the server and a JMSException occurs during the session.commit() call when
failover is in progress:

2018-01-30 13:43:51,249 [10.0.51.42:5672] - INFO  FailoverRoundRobinServers
- Delay between connect retries:1000
Failed: javax.jms.JMSException: Session exception occurred while trying to
commit: Session sync was interrupted by failover.
javax.jms.JMSException: Session exception occurred while trying to commit:
Session sync was interrupted by failover.
	at org.apache.qpid.client.AMQSession.toJMSException(AMQSession.java:3757)
	at org.apache.qpid.client.AMQSession.commit(AMQSession.java:927)

After failover completes on the client side it no longer can receive any
messages.