qpid-users mailing list archives

From nandanone <njo...@redhat.com>
Subject Re: Issue building qpid-proton on Fedora
Date Fri, 19 Jan 2018 18:47:09 GMT
Andrew::

I downloaded the 0.19.0 distribution of qpid-proton from the apache site.
The install instructions talk about building the distribution using
cmake/make. This is why I was trying to build the distribution (with Perl,
Ruby, PHP turned off). Is there a way to install the proton module and its
dependencies without a build? Otherwise when I try to run the examples in
the Python directory I get errors like

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "simple_send.py", line 23, in <module>
    from proton import Message
ImportError: No module named proton

I have set
echo $PYTHONPATH
/home/njoshi/Development/community/qpid-proton-0.19.0/

Thanks,

Nandan