qpid-users mailing list archives

From Chuck Rolke <cro...@redhat.com>
Subject Re: Max number of queues per user
Date Thu, 18 Jan 2018 14:11:52 GMT
Referring to http://qpid.apache.org/releases/qpid-cpp-1.37.0/cpp-broker/book/chap-Messaging_User_Guide-Security.html#sect-Messaging_User_Guide-Authorization-Specifying_ACL_Queue_Limits

Queue limits are disabled unless there is an ACL file with a 'quota queues' entry.

As an aid to understanding the quota enforcement start the broker with '--log-enable trace+:Security
--log-enable info+' on the command line.

I ran your example with an acl file
    quota queues 4 all
    acl allow all all

It creates the first three queues (q1..q3) but then apparently fails to create the fourth
queue. This is surprising and not intuitive but the reason is that the qpid-config command
itself creates a temporary reply queue that is the fourth allowed queue. Then the attempt
to create the fourth queue (q4) is denied since that user already has four queues. The log
files should help expose the workings that arrive at this result.