qpid-users mailing list archives

From Michael Ivanov <iv...@logit-ag.de>
Subject Re: Max number of queues per user
Date Fri, 19 Jan 2018 12:20:54 GMT
Thanks for your help.

Is it possible to find out where user/password has to be used instead
of user:password? Proton does not accept the syntax with slash.

Can I assume that '/' is to be used on command line for utilities like
qpid-stat, qpid-config etc and in all other cases delimiter is ':'?

Best regards,

18.01.2018 20:34, Gordon Sim пишет:
> On 18/01/18 15:23, Michael Ivanov wrote:
>> Great, it (almost) works! Many thanks!
>>
>> There's still one problem remains. When I turn auth off, then user is
>> considered to be anonymous, even when I specify user explicitly in broker url.
>
> You can force the mechanism with the --sasl-mechanism option to qpid-config. I believe
anonymous is preferred to plain by default.

>> When I turn auth on somehow the password is not accepted on command line:
>>
>>     qpid-config -b amqps://user:passwd@hostname:5671 add queue U1
>>
>> The following error occurs:
>>
>>     Failed: ValueError: amqps://user:passwd@hostname:5671
>>
>> When :passwd is not specified I'm prompted for password and everything works.
>> But I need to be able to create queues without manual intervention.
>> Is it possible to accept user name without a password?
>
> Unfortunately the syntax is non-standard and uses a forward slash to separate user and
password rather than a colon as expected: