qpid-users mailing list archives

From Daniel Gavrila <d.gavr...@icloud.com>
Subject Re: Status monitoring
Date Sat, 13 Jan 2018 15:55:41 GMT
Hello Andreas,

Thanks for the suggestion.From what I read from documentation, indeed a last value queue should
cover a signifiant part of use case scenario.Remains the question if the values from a LVQ
could be make persistent, so that will be recovered after a broker restart?

Best regards,
Daniel

> On 13.01.2018, at 12:55, Andreas Welchlin <andreas@welchlin.de> wrote:
>
> Hello Daniel,
>
> this should work using a last value queue.
>
> Kind Regards,
> Andreas
>
> Am 13. Januar 2018 12:19:57 MEZ schrieb Daniel Gavrila <d.gavrila@icloud.com>:
>>

>> Hello,
>>
>> My environment is:
>>      C++ Proton v. 0.19
>>      C++ Broker v.1.37 configured with AMQP 1.0
>>
>> I have to implement the following use case scenario. The network contains N publishers(sensors)
. When one sensor starts it publish to the queue OverviewStatus one message that contains
some data: sensor name,type,internal status etc. One GUI program has to display the information
from the queue OverviewStatus. Everytime the sensor changes its internal status he needs to
update the status in the queue.Before the shutdown , the sensor has to remove its entry from
the queue.
>> If the sensor exits anormaly the event should be catched and the sensor status modified
accordingly. By restarting the broker, all the sensors status information should be recovered.