qpid-users mailing list archives

From andi welchlin <andi.welch...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: SASL can not parse configuration file
Date Fri, 10 Nov 2017 12:53:33 GMT
Hello Gordon, hello all,

now I got what is wrong with my SASL config.

I mixed up qpidd.conf for the broker and qpidd.conf for sasl. These are two
different files with the same name, right?

So qpidd.conf for sasl should be similar to the file contained in
"qpid-cpp-1.36.0/etc/sasl2".

It could look like this:

pwcheck_method: auxprop
auxprop_plugin: sasldb
sasldb_path: /tmp/sasl/qpidd.sasldb
mech_list: ANONYMOUS DIGEST-MD5 EXTERNAL PLAIN

and NOT like this:

auth=YES
realm=QPID

So since I placed this file into the folder it works.

Regards,
Andreas

On Fri, Nov 10, 2017 at 12:51 PM, andi welchlin <andi.welchlin@gmail.com>
wrote:

> Hi Gordon,
>
> It contains two files:
>
> qpidd.conf
> qpidd.sasldb
>

> On Fri, Nov 10, 2017 at 12:05 PM, Gordon Sim <gsim@redhat.com> wrote:
>
>> On 10/11/17 10:31, andi welchlin wrote:
>>
>>> Hello all,
>>>
>>> I tried to configure SASL for Qpid C++ broker 1.36.0 but it seems like I
>>> missed something.
>>>
>>> What I did:
>>> ----------------
>>>
>>> Installed Cyrus SASL.
>>>
>>> Created a SASL database with a user "bob" using:
>>>
>>> saslpasswd2 -f qpidd.sasldb -u QPID bob
>>>
>>> Checked the db using sasldblistusers2 and it worked.
>>>

>>> Configured qpidd using qpidd.conf
>>>
>>> auth=YES
>>> realm=QPID
>>> sasl-config=/home/andreas/brokers/qpid/qpid-configuration
>>>

>> What are the contents of /home/andreas/brokers/qpid/qpid-configuration?
>> It sounds like the sasl library can't parse that.
>>

>> Both qpidd.conf and qpidd.sasldb are located in the configured directory
>>> and the sasldb is readable for every user.
>>>
>>> Then I started qpidd and it told me this:
>>>
>>> /home/andreas/brokers/qpid/qpid-cpp-1.36.0/src/qpidd.cpp:111: Unexpected
>>> error: SASL: failed to parse SASL configuration file in
>>> (/home/andreas/brokers/qpid/qpid-configuration/qpid1), error: generic
>>> failure
>>> (/home/andreas/brokers/qpid/qpid-cpp-1.36.0/src/qpid/broker/