qpid-users mailing list archives

From Robbie Gemmell <robbie.gemm...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Release Apache Qpid JMS AMQP 0-x 6.3.0
Date Mon, 20 Nov 2017 15:49:53 GMT
On 15 November 2017 at 16:59, Oleksandr Rudyy <orudyy@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I built a candidate release for version 6.3.0 of Qpid JMS AMQP 0-x.
>
> Please test and vote accordingly.
>
> The source and binary archives can be taken from:
> https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/qpid/jms-amqp-0-x/6.3.0/
>
> The maven artifacts are also staged at:
> https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapacheqpid-1123
>
> The JIRAs currently assigned are:
> https://issues.apache.org/jira/secure/ReleaseNote.jspa?projectId=12310520&version=12339957
>
> Regards,
> Alex
>
> P.S. If you want to test it out using maven (e.g with the examples src, or
> your own things), you can temporarily add this to your poms to access the
> staging repo:
>
>   <repositories>
>     <repository>
>       <id>staging</id>
>       <url>
> https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapacheqpid-1123</url>
>     </repository>
>   </repositories>
>
> The dependency for the client itself would then be:
>
>   <dependency>
>     <groupId>org.apache.qpid</groupId>
>     <artifactId>qpid-client</artifactId>
>     <version>6.3.0</version>
>   </dependency>

+1 with comments

- Verified signature and checksum files.
- Verified licence headers by running mvn apache-rat:check.
- Checked for LICENCE and NOTICE files.
- Ran the source build and tests.

Comments:
-The NOTICE file in the source release archive says Apache Qpid Java
and should be updated going forward.
-The slf4j-api details in the binary archive NOTICE can be removed
going forward as its covered by the details in the LICENCE file
already.
-The directories in all the archives dont match their file names (sans
extension), which seems like it was the intended name, e.g
apache-qpid-jms-0-x-6.3.0-src isn't aligned with
apache-qpid-jms-amqp-0-x-6.3.0-src.tar.gz

Robbie