qpid-users mailing list archives

From Robbie Gemmell <robbie.gemm...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Release Qpid Broker-J 7.0.0 (RC2)
Date Tue, 07 Nov 2017 17:22:15 GMT
Keeping the maven artifactId the same makes sense. Since the binary
convenience gets posted with a classifier under the same ID, I could
also see the argument around maintaining the brokers binary
convenience archive name. That said, as it is moving download location
most non-maven links are going to have the pattern broken regardless.

The source release I would rename now, there is no historic convention
to match for an independent broker source release, its the first
independent release, and its a major release, so now is the point it
should be named as desired. I'd suggest "apache-qpid-broker-j"
personally.

The contained source directory definitely seems like it needs fixed
from qpid-java, and now would seem the time if concerned with not
changing things too often.

Its worth saying that the source and binary archive name dont actually
need to match the same pattern. They never actually have before for
the broker that I can think of. They also dont for many projects that
use the apache parent poms implicit source bundle rather than creating
their own. Though I do think it is nice when they match personally.

Robbie

>>> https://issues.apache.org/jira/issues/?jql=project%20%