qpid-users mailing list archives

From Rob Godfrey <rob.j.godf...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Release Qpid Broker-J 7.0.0 (RC2)
Date Tue, 07 Nov 2017 16:55:28 GMT
On 7 November 2017 at 16:41, Keith W <keith.wall@gmail.com> wrote:

> As Alex says, we opted to keep the bundle names, directories structure
> within bundles and maven artefact names unchanged,  The reasoning was
> that the change would need to ripple through the users job control
> scripts, distribution systems etc. If there are strongly held opinions
> let's hear them now.    If a rename is going happen, I think it would
> be better now.

As I said before, it's not a blocker for me, just seems a little weird.
For the maven artefacts I think there's a reasonably strong case for
retaining the same artefact names.  For the apache distributions is seems a
little weirder... and the qpid-java-7.0.0 directory in the source bundle
seems particularly out of place.

I agree on "if a rename is going to happen, I think it would be better
now." and I certainly feel a little strange about keeping to the
qpid-java-x.x.x directory going forward... the others seem less jarring.

-- Rob