qpid-users mailing list archives

From Chuck Rolke <cro...@redhat.com>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Release of qpid-interop-test 0.1.0
Date Fri, 03 Nov 2017 20:33:39 GMT
+1

* kit contents
** signature appears ok
** md5sum checks ok
** ?? I can't figure out how to deal with the binary .sha512 file? how does one test that?

* functionality
** compiles and runs binary test against proton-python, proton-cpp, and amqpnetlite clients
** ran some large content tests OK with same clients

When things go wrong in this test environment it is not easy figuring out what happened.
There are so many places for things to fail: Client protocol error, client out of memory or
other process error, broker protocol or memory or process issue, zombie processes causing
broker to hold onto hundreds of megabytes of memory and that prevents the next test from
starting, actual interoperability errors, etc. That said, this is still a useful framework.