qpid-users mailing list archives

From Gordon Sim <g...@redhat.com>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Release Qpid Dispatch Router 1.0.0 (RC3)
Date Tue, 14 Nov 2017 15:49:50 GMT
On 14/11/17 14:48, Gordon Sim wrote:
> On 14/11/17 14:01, Ted Ross wrote:
>> Please cast your vote on this thread to release RC3 as the official Qpid
>> Dispatch Router version 1.0.0.
>>
>> Qpid Dispatch Router 1.0.0 RC3 can be found here:
>>
>>      https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/qpid/dispatch/1.0.0-rc3/
>>
>> The following issues have been fixed since RC1:
>>
>>      DISPATCH-767 - Message Cut-Through/Streaming for efficient
>> handling of
>> large messages
>>      DISPATCH-847 - Fix issues discovered by Coverity
>>      DISPATCH-858 - Simplify hard to follow LICENSE file
>>      DISPATCH-865 - Segmentation fault while running 2-node Artemis tests
>>      DISPATCH-867 - Messages stuck going through link route
>>      DISPATCH-870 - connection improperly reopened from closed connector
>>      DISPATCH-873 - new routes calculated wrongly after connector
>> deletion
>
> As mentioned in the thread on rc1[1], a 0.8 version of qdstat gets an
> error running against the 1.0 router. I came across a similar issue
> between 0.7 and 0.8 (I think), where a network of routers of different
> versions was successfully set up, but where the older management tools
> couldn't be run against it. It is not critical, but I suspect it is
> likely to be a simple fix.
>
> As this is not mentioned above, I assume its not been fixed in this rc.
> Was that just that it was overlooked with the other issues, or a
> conscious decision it wasn't a serious enough issue? I'm fine either
> way, just don't want it to accidentally slip through.

It was pointed out to me that this is really an issue with the 0.8
management tool as it requires a fix there. (Obvious when it's pointed
out, sorry!) So all that would make sense for 1.0 is trying to ensure
that the 1.0 qdstat would be able to handle any anticipated future
changes to the management protocol/schema.