qpid-users mailing list archives

From Gordon Sim <g...@redhat.com>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Release Qpid Dispatch Router 1.0.0 (RC3)
Date Tue, 14 Nov 2017 14:48:48 GMT
On 14/11/17 14:01, Ted Ross wrote:
> Please cast your vote on this thread to release RC3 as the official Qpid
> Dispatch Router version 1.0.0.
>
> Qpid Dispatch Router 1.0.0 RC3 can be found here:
>
>      https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/qpid/dispatch/1.0.0-rc3/
>
> The following issues have been fixed since RC1:
>
>      DISPATCH-767 - Message Cut-Through/Streaming for efficient handling of
> large messages
>      DISPATCH-847 - Fix issues discovered by Coverity
>      DISPATCH-858 - Simplify hard to follow LICENSE file
>      DISPATCH-865 - Segmentation fault while running 2-node Artemis tests
>      DISPATCH-867 - Messages stuck going through link route
>      DISPATCH-870 - connection improperly reopened from closed connector
>      DISPATCH-873 - new routes calculated wrongly after connector deletion

As mentioned in the thread on rc1[1], a 0.8 version of qdstat gets an
error running against the 1.0 router. I came across a similar issue
between 0.7 and 0.8 (I think), where a network of routers of different
versions was successfully set up, but where the older management tools
couldn't be run against it. It is not critical, but I suspect it is
likely to be a simple fix.

As this is not mentioned above, I assume its not been fixed in this rc.
Was that just that it was overlooked with the other issues, or a
conscious decision it wasn't a serious enough issue? I'm fine either
way, just don't want it to accidentally slip through.

[1]
http://qpid.2158936.n2.nabble.com/Qpid-Dispatch-Router-1-0-0-Release-Candidate-td7668261.html#a7669219

  I should probably have raised a JIRA also