qpid-users mailing list archives

From Gordon Sim <g...@redhat.com>
Subject Re: How can clients create a queue using AMQP 1.0?
Date Thu, 30 Nov 2017 14:05:38 GMT
On 30/11/17 13:33, Banyas, Timothy wrote:
> Hi,
>
> How can a client (using AMQP 1.0) create a queue when it wants to subscribe to events
from a publisher?

> We'd like to use qpid and AMQP 1.0 for our publish/subscribe infrastructure, but we want
clients to be able to create new queues dynamically, as and when they subscribe to events.

You only need to open a receiver on the topic in question.

> I've read through the AMQP 1.0 documentation and I understand that the broker specific
details have been removed from the 1.0 spec.  I've also seen the AMQP 1.0 Management spec,
but that is a working draft as far as I can tell; working draft 09 from Nov. 2014 was the
latest document I found.

> Throughout my research, I've not been able to find any definitive documentation detailing
how a client can dynamically create a queue using AMQP 1.0.
> Any advice on this topic would be most appreciated.

As above for some brokers queues may be created automatically in
response to a receiver attaching.

You can also create temporary queues  e.g. for request-response patterns
using the dynamic flag on the receiver. (If you look at the
client/server examples for the library you are interested in you can see
how that works).

Beyond these cases, you would need to use a management API and that at
present is broker specific.