qpid-users mailing list archives

From Chuck Rolke <cro...@redhat.com>
Subject Re: Need help compiling in Visual Studio QPID C++
Date Tue, 14 Nov 2017 15:40:25 GMT
I tried https://ci.appveyor.com/project/ChugR/qpid-cpp , a manual configuration (ignoring qpid-cpp
appveyor.yml) using Visual Studio 2013 and before-build script:

 mkdir BLD
 cd BLD
 cmake -G "Visual Studio 12 2013" -DBUILD_BINDING_DOTNET=OFF -DBOOST_ROOT=C:\Libraries\boost
-DBOOST_LIBRARYDIR=C:\Libraries\boost\lib32-msvc-12.0 ..
 cd ..

This compiled successfully using the default version of Boost. It barfed later with ctest
issues but the goal was compilation.

In my experience the qpid-cpp Windows builds suffer from a steady stream of bit rot from new
versions of MSbuild, cmake, boost, and qpid-proton. The remedy is to keep building the latest-and-greatest
with all the new tools and libraries and fix problems as soon as they appear.

I recently upgraded some scripted builds using Visual Studio 2017 and found drastic behavior
changes. I got my scripts to work but VS2015 and VS2013 could be scripted more easily following
the same model as previous versions of Visual Studio.

Discussion http://qpid.2158936.n2.nabble.com/Building-Qpid-on-Windows-td7622672.html is still
relevant with respect to getting qpid-cpp and qpid-proton (qpid-cpp's AMQP 1.0 engine) to
work together as designed.