qpid-users mailing list archives

From "Alex O'Ree" <alexo...@apache.org>
Subject Starting up Qpid for integration testing with JMX listener
Date Sat, 07 Oct 2017 15:12:22 GMT
Hello qpid community.

I have a product that integrates with Qpid and have happily been
running integration tests with it without much of a fuss.  In the
past, I've written to this mailing list on how to attach qpid's java
server as a maven dependency and start it up programmatically in a
unit test, then destroy it when the tests is complete. This is working
as expected.

I now am trying to get the JMX points of Qpid up and running using the
same mechanism (programmatically starting qpid during a unit test).
I'm currently starting qpid using the following.

org.apache.qpid.server.Broker broker2 = new Broker();
BrokerOptions options = new BrokerOptions();
options.setOverwriteConfigurationStore(true);
//options.setManagementModeHttpPortOverride(9090);
//options.setManagementModeJmxPortOverride(9099);
//options.setManagementMode(false);
options.setStartupLoggedToSystemOut(true);
String file=new File(".").getAbsolutePath() + File.separator + "config.json";
options.setConfigurationStoreLocation(file);
broker2.startup(options);

if I set
    options.setManagementMode(true);
qpid doesn't appear to accept connections (not sure why)

if i uncomment