qpid-users mailing list archives

From Adel Boutros <Adelbout...@live.com>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Release Apache Qpid Proton 0.18.0
Date Fri, 20 Oct 2017 14:22:32 GMT
Hello Alan,

The commits you did for PROTON-1639 do actually fix the errors I was having with IPv6.

After using the fix, all my tests are successful. So I would vote +1 if this fix had been
there (Of course my vote should not be blocking in any case).

Regards,

Adel

________________________________
From: Alan Conway <aconway@redhat.com>
Sent: Friday, October 20, 2017 4:02:09 PM
To: users@qpid.apache.org; Andrew Stitcher; Clifford Jansen; Robbie Gemmell
Subject: Re: [VOTE] Release Apache Qpid Proton 0.18.0

PROTON-1639 may be an issue, please check out the comments & fix for the
second half (epoll proactor bug)

https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/PROTON-1639?focusedCommentId=16212665&page=com.atlassian.jira.plugin.system.issuetabpanels:comment-tabpanel#comment-16212665

I'm not sure how common immediate errors from a non-blocking connect() are
- the disabled-IPv6 case is the only one I've seen so far, but there may be
others. Most  "normal" network failures (bad address, nobody listening on
port, no route etc.) are not detected immediately and are handled correctly.