qpid-users mailing list archives

From Robbie Gemmell <robbie.gemm...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Release Apache Qpid Proton-J 0.22.0
Date Wed, 13 Sep 2017 15:16:32 GMT
On 13 September 2017 at 15:35, Robbie Gemmell <robbie.gemmell@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi folks,
>
> I have put together a first spin for a Qpid Proton-J 0.22.0 release,
> please test it and vote accordingly.
>
> The source and binary archives can be grabbed from:
> https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/qpid/proton-j/0.22.0-rc1/
>
> The maven artifacts are staged for now at:
> https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapacheqpid-1114
>
> The JIRAs assigned are:
> https://issues.apache.org/jira/secure/ReleaseNote.jspa?projectId=12313720&version=12341448
>
> Regards,
> Robbie
>
> P.S. If you want to test things out using maven with your own build
> you can temporarily add this to your poms to access the staging repo:
>
>   <repositories>
>     <repository>
>       <id>staging</id>
>       <url>https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapacheqpid-1114</url>
>     </repository>
>   </repositories>
>
> The dependency for proton-j would then be:
>
>   <dependency>
>     <groupId>org.apache.qpid</groupId>
>     <artifactId>proton-j</artifactId>
>     <version>0.22.0</version>
>   </dependency>

Adding my +1.

I checked the release out as follows:
 - Verified the signatures and checksums for src+bin archives.
 - Inspected the LICENCE and NOTICE files in src+bin archives.
 - Used mvn apache-rat:check to verify the source release licence headers.
 - Ran the source build and tests, no issues.
 - Verified the bin archive contained the expected bits.
 - Used the staging repo artifacts to run the Qpid JMS client master
build and tests.
 - Used the staging repo artifacts to run the ActiveMQ master build
and AMQP tests.
 - Ran the JMS client HelloWorld example against Qpid Broker-J 6.1.4
and ActiveMQ master brokers.

Robbie