qpid-users mailing list archives

From Robbie Gemmell <robbie.gemm...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Release Apache Qpid JMS 0.25.0
Date Tue, 19 Sep 2017 10:28:41 GMT
On 19 September 2017 at 11:20, Gordon Sim <gsim@redhat.com> wrote:
> On 18/09/17 17:45, Robbie Gemmell wrote:
>>
>> Hi folks,
>>
>> I have put together a spin for a 0.25.0 Qpid JMS client release, please
>> give it a test out and vote accordingly.
>>
>> The source and binary archives can be grabbed from:
>> https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/qpid/jms/0.25.0-rc1/
>>
>> The maven artifacts are also staged for now at:
>> https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapacheqpid-1115
>>
>> The JIRAs currently assigned are:
>>
>> https://issues.apache.org/jira/secure/ReleaseNote.jspa?projectId=12314524&version=12341292
>

> +1
>
> Built and installed source, ran example against router and both brokers.
>
> I did see the following test failures, but suspect this is just a
> configuration issue(?).
>
>> Failed tests:
>> SaslGssApiIntegrationTest.testGssapiOnlySelectedWhenPresentIfExplicitlyEnabled:228->doMechanismSelectedTestImpl:253
>> All handlers did not complete within the 1000ms timeout.
>> Tests in error:   SaslGssApiIntegrationTest.testSaslGssApiKrbConnection »
>> JMSSecurity Exception ...
>>   SaslGssApiIntegrationTest.testSaslGssApiKrbConnectionWithDefaultScope »
>> JMSSecurity
>>
>> SaslGssApiIntegrationTest.testSaslGssApiKrbConnectionWithPrincipalViaJmsUsernameConnFactory
>> » JMSSecurity
>>
>> SaslGssApiIntegrationTest.testSaslGssApiKrbConnectionWithPrincipalViaJmsUsernameUri
>> » JMSSecurity

Given they are all highly related and we havent seen issue elsewhere,
I think it points to something particular with the environment and the
tests themselves, though I'm not immediately thinking of anything it
could be. Nothing has changed around that area so I expect the same
would have been true with 0.24.0 too (when they were added) rather
than being new. I'll ask you for some more details off list to see if
I can figure out whats going on and whether we need to e.g adjust the
tests or make them skip in certain env cases.

Robbie