qpid-users mailing list archives

From Gordon Sim <g...@redhat.com>
Subject Re: Possible to set source IP address in queue route setup in C++ broker?
Date Wed, 23 Aug 2017 16:58:03 GMT
On 23/08/17 17:35, Steve Huston wrote:
> - Host A wants to set up a pull route to pull messages from Host B
> - Host A has two IP addresses assigned to it
> - When Host A connects to B, can A specify a particular source IP address that B will
see it as?

Ah, makes sense. Sorry for my confusion, your original wording actually
described it perfectly, I just jumped to the wrong interpretation!

Unfortunately the broker doesn't allow the source ip to be explicitly
set at present. There is quite a chain of calls that the chosen source
ip would need to be passed along for a per 'link' (i.e. inter-broker
connection) option. Slightly simpler would be a broker level option used
for all outgoing connections.