qpid-users mailing list archives

From Gordon Sim <g...@redhat.com>
Subject Re: proton server (azure SB) limit the incoming_window=5000
Date Thu, 10 Aug 2017 10:01:43 GMT
On 10/08/17 00:13, Pankaj Bhagra wrote:
> Gordon,
>
> Further digging on network level sniffing shows that the bulk msg_size is
> limited to = 16373 (16K). this observation is inline with previously
> reported issue

What do you mean by msg_size here?

> http://grokbase.com/t/qpid/users/163z91rhdy/ssl-maximum-message-size

Interesting that the limit is the same, not sure what to make of that,
perhaps its just a commonly used buffer size. The 'solution' in that
issue was to break up large messages into multiple frames. In your case
as I understood it, the individual messages were smaller than this limit
already.

> As suggested I posted the q on the Azure SB forum too to find if there are
> knobs in the SB configuration to make this un-ack buffer size bigger on the
> amqp ssl.
>
> Coming back on your suggestion about unsettled messages. Can u guide me
> what should be client side configuration (if any) to force server to keep
> sending without waiting for flow control ack from the client (number of
> unsettled messages ?). I would like server to stop on the link-credit
> running out, but not on the max_buffer of 16kb. Ideally  i need is a
> behavior of atleast-once, but I am ready to sacrifice this requirement to
> get better perf.

To request that message be sent settled, you can create your receiver
with the AtMostOnce option (imported from proton.reactor), e.g.:

   container.create_receiver(url, options=[AtMostOnce()])

or

   container.create_receiver(conn, 'mysource', options=[AtMostOnce()])

You could see if that has any effect.