qpid-users mailing list archives

From Gordon Sim <g...@redhat.com>
Subject Re: QPID: Connection failed when connecting to remote QPIDD
Date Wed, 12 Jul 2017 19:04:11 GMT
On 12/07/17 18:44, msingman wrote:
> Does the "INIT(0-0)" indicate that the message sender wants to use AMQP 1.0?
> Assuming that is the case, how can I get the C++ code I have to use 0-10
> (for what it's worth, qpid::messaging is being used)?
>
> On the documentation for QPID 1.36.0 (which is the version that is used on
> the host machine, not the container;
> http://qpid.apache.org/releases/qpid-cpp-1.36.0/messaging-api/book/connections.html#connection-options
> ), it states in Table 1.4 that 0-10 is the default version that is used.
> Further, when I attempt to manually set the protocol
> ("connection.setOption("protocol", "amqp0-10");"), the code compiles but I
> get the following runtime error:

> 'qpid::messaging::MessagingException'
>    what():  Invalid option: protocol not recognised
> (/builddir/build/BUILD/qpid-cpp-1.36.0/src/qpid/messaging/ConnectionOptions.cpp:140)
>
> Am I misreading the documentation in some way?

No, but it appears that the protocol option can only be set when
creating the connection, e.g. Connection("myhost",
"{protocol:amqp0-10}"). (qpid-send and qpid-receive take a
connection-options argument e.g. qpid-send --connection-options
'{protocol:amqp0-10}' --address foo etc).

The order the protocols are tried in can be controlled in the qpidc.conf
file or via QPID_PROTOCOLS env var. The default is actually to try 0-10
first, then 1.0, so I suspect in your environment the conf file entry to
reverse that is uncommented.

The 0.16 broker doesn't have 1.0 support. I can't quite understand why
the client is not retrying with 0-10 though.