qpid-users mailing list archives

From "Hudalla Kai (INST/ECS4)" <kai.huda...@bosch-si.com>
Subject Dispatch Router throughput
Date Thu, 13 Jul 2017 14:20:09 GMT
Hi,

we are currently doing some baseline throughput testing with Dispatch Router 0.8.0.
In the course of doing so, we wondered what number of messages we should be able to expect
being processed by a single Dispatch Router instance in its default configuration, i.e. link
capacity 250, 4 worker threads, running on a core i7 @2.2GHz.

Let's say we have a single sender, sending pre-settled messages with a payload of 20 bytes
and a single receiver for the messages.

If all is correctly setup, what number of messages could we expect going through Dispatch
Router? I am merely interested in an order of magnitude. Are we talkinng about 1.000s, 10.000s
or 100.000s per second?

Mit freundlichen Grüßen / Best regards

Kai Hudalla
Chief Software Architect

Bosch Software Innovations GmbH
Schöneberger Ufer 89-91
10785 Berlin
GERMANY
www.bosch-si.com

Registered office: Berlin, Register court: Amtsgericht Charlottenburg, HRB 148411 B;
Executives: Dr.-Ing. Rainer Kallenbach, Michael Hahn