qpid-users mailing list archives

From Adel Boutros <Adelbout...@live.com>
Subject Re: Dispatch Router throughput
Date Thu, 13 Jul 2017 15:04:45 GMT
Hello,

I think it depends on how you are using the Dispatch Router. From Gordon's and Chuck's reply,
they assumed you were talking about peer-to-peer communication using the Dispatch Router which
is a very useful use case.

However, if like us, you have an actual broker connected via the dispatch router using waypointed
addresses, then the throughput will drop even if you scale the worker thread because in that
case, you would also need to scale the connectors and reduce network latency between the broker
and the dispatch router.

So I would say the throughput depends on the configuration and architecture of your system.

Regards,

Adel

________________________________
From: Chuck Rolke <crolke@redhat.com>
Sent: Thursday, July 13, 2017 4:59:25 PM
To: users@qpid.apache.org
Subject: Re: Dispatch Router throughput

Hi,

I have a setup on my laptop (Lenovo W541, core i7 @2.8GHz, 16Gb) and I can run:
 1. single router 0.8.x; 4 worker threads
 2. a qpid-proton C++ simple-send sender; message body is string "abc"
 3. a amqpdotnet client running under mono, initial-credit 250

Sending to address { prefix: q1-multicast, distribution: multicast } : 40,000 m/sec
Sending to address { prefix: q1-balanced,  distribution: balanced  } : 61,000 m/sec
Sending to address { prefix: q1-closest,   distribution: closest   } : 61,000 m/sec

The setup gets *relative* performance numbers while I fiddle with the code.

HTH,
Chuck