qpid-users mailing list archives

From Ted Ross <tr...@redhat.com>
Subject Re: [Dispatch Router] List of connected producers
Date Thu, 06 Jul 2017 17:12:23 GMT
On Wed, Jul 5, 2017 at 5:05 PM, Adel Boutros <Adelboutros@live.com> wrote:

> Thank you both,
>

> I will try what you suggested.
>

> I was wondering why the phases are actually named "0" and "1" as this a
> bit confusing. Wouldn't a more meaningful string representation be better
> especially for the users?
>
> The most common case is the single-waypoint case, where the configuration
doesn't involve phases (they're hidden behind the "waypoint" attribute).
You can have up to ten phases (0..9) for an address if there are multiple
waypoints involved for a message flow, but this is an advanced and uncommon
setup.

The idea behind the phase number is that the address phase sequences
through the values as the message moves from producer to waypoint [to
waypoint]* to consumer.