qpid-users mailing list archives

From Dan Langford <danlangf...@gmail.com>
Subject Dispatch Router questions
Date Wed, 19 Jul 2017 23:36:17 GMT
So I am struggling to wrap my head around some dispatch Router concepts and
was wondering if somebody would be willing to point me in the right
direction on one or more of my idea.

Background: I am doing some due diligence at my place of employment
regarding AMQP1.0 brokers and currently I am trying to see what Artemis w/
HA, Colocation, and Replication looks like. Artemis does not currently
support load-balancing AMQP messages through its cluster and they suggested
I use QDR for that.

So as I tried to jump into QDR I just found myself lost on some of these
concepts and terms and I struggled finding examples, guides, or tutorials.
I am just wanting load balancing of incoming messages to two brokers. For
HA reasons I want 2 QDR nodes able to "front" these two brokers.  As it
currently stands here are my questions:

- Can I configure QDR to autoLink in and out ANY/ALL addresses?

- Artemis doesn't support vhosts. Can I configure connections to vhost:Foo
address:bar actually be address:Foo.bar when the message goes back to the
broker?

- Can I configure QDR to pass auth through to the broker and let the broker
decide is the user is authenticated and authorized? Inversely can I
configure QDR to be the only determinate of auth?

I think depending on what I learn on these topics I will likely have more
questions. Thank you to anybody who is able to give me a lead or point me
to a config that may serve as an example. I really do appreciate it.