qpid-users mailing list archives

From Rob Godfrey <rob.j.godf...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Question about settled flag on a multi-frame transfer
Date Wed, 05 Jul 2017 13:30:30 GMT
I agree the spec is horribly unclear on this point.

I wish we had said something along the lines of two transfers in a
multi-transfer delivery must either both have the same value for settled,
or one must be unset (i.e. you can't have frames for the same transfer
saying both settled and not settled).  Given the spec does not say this
then I think we have to treat the case you describe as meaning that the
delivery should be considered settled (and the Proton is behaving
incorrectly by the sounds of it).  This interpretation is also reasonable
in the face of the definition of other fields on transfer such as "state".

-- Rob