qpid-users mailing list archives

From Gordon Sim <g...@redhat.com>
Subject Re: Dispatch Router throughput
Date Fri, 14 Jul 2017 12:11:49 GMT
On 14/07/17 09:47, Hudalla Kai (INST/ECS4) wrote:
> We have been experimenting with different approaches:
>
> 1) Using a prefetch of 50
> 2) Using a prefetch of 1000
> 3) Using a prefetch of 0 and doing manual flow control, issuing 1000 credits initially
>
> Interestingly, throughput seems to actually go down the more credit we issue, i.e. option
1) yields the best result ...

> vertx-proton seems to replenish the sender (Dispatch Router in this case) with one credit
each time a message is processed at the cosumer side when using prefetch. Do you consider
this to be a problem, i.e. wouldn't it be more efficient to replenish the sender with, say,
200 more credits en block once in a while?

Yes, probably it would, but that wouldn't account for the perf you are
seeing. There must be some other factor. I assume you are sending as
much as you have credit for at any point? You don't have full trace
logging on the router?