qpid-users mailing list archives

From Gordon Sim <g...@redhat.com>
Subject Re: queue persistence
Date Mon, 10 Jul 2017 11:58:41 GMT
On 10/07/17 12:01, SimonC wrote:
> I'm new to qpid and i'm trying to install the c++ broker.
>
> I have installed it on centos 7 with
>
> yum install qpid-cpp-server
>
> I have filled in some new queues but after restart the queues are not there
> anymore so I suppose that i need to configure the persistence.
>
> How can I do this? Do I need to install a separate module for this?

I think it should already be installed. If you do qpidd --help and look
for the default value for the module-dir option, you can then check that
directory has linearstore.so in it.

You can also test it is loaded by checking the log at startup with info+
level (e.g. qpidd --log-enable info+) and you should see something like:

> [Store] notice Linear Store: Store module initialized; store-dir=/home/gordon/.qpidd

However you also need to ensure that (a) the queues are marked as
durable and (b) any messages you want stored to disk are marked as
persistent.