qpid-users mailing list archives

From "Hudalla Kai (INST/ECS4)" <kai.huda...@bosch-si.com>
Subject Meaning of linkCapacity
Date Fri, 21 Jul 2017 14:27:51 GMT
Hi,

I am wondering what the (practical) meaning of the "linkCapacity" configuration property on
listeners is and in particular, how it is related to the "maxFrameSize" and "maxSessionFrames"
properties. Do the latter ones pose a limit on the former one? My experience is that if I
do not specify any value for "linkCapacity" then the Dispatch Router flows 250 credits to
a sender link connecting to it (assuming that a consumer has connected with a receiver link
interested in the relevant address). This number, however, seems to be unrelated to the number
of credits the consumer has flowed to Dispatch Router, which lets me assume that the credits
to flow to a sender are mainly related to, well, what exactly?

Can somebody shed some light on this?

Mit freundlichen Grüßen / Best regards

Kai Hudalla
Chief Software Architect

Bosch Software Innovations GmbH
Schöneberger Ufer 89-91
10785 Berlin
GERMANY
www.bosch-si.com

Registered office: Berlin, Register court: Amtsgericht Charlottenburg, HRB 148411 B;
Executives: Dr.-Ing. Rainer Kallenbach, Michael Hahn